The City of Surrey in collaboration with the BC and Canadian governments would invite the countries of the world, especially countries representing the diaspora communities and cultures in Surrey to establish exhibits and pavilions at Sundar – Exposition of the World’s Cultures.
Sundar will promote peace, goodwill, and cross-cultural understanding and will showcase to the world that diverse people can come together as one in common unity and solidarity.
This event will bring the world to Surrey. It will be a truly international event.
The exposition was originally pitched as a South Asian Expo but has since evolved to be a celebration of all the world’s cultures.
- This initial proposal of a South Asian Expo has been endorsed by Ravi Kahlon who is the Parliamentary Secretary for Sport and Multiculturalism in the BC Government of Premier John Horgan. Ravi stated on OMNI News that “he hopes the City of Surrey supports the plan and he is looking forward to review final proposals.”
OMNI News did a feature television interview on this Expo with Project Developers Alex Sangha and Upkar Tatlay. The video is approaching an amazing 7,000 views and is in English and Punjabi.
Go to “OMNI Punjabi” Facebook Page and search for “South Asian Expo,” or go to the “Sundar Expo” Facebook Page and the video is pinned to the top of the page.
- Sundar is a common word for “beautiful” in Sanskrit. This is a tentative name for the Expo.
- To build bridges and peace and harmony between various peoples, cultures, languages, and faiths through the free expression of art and culture.
- To promote equality, diversity, freedom of artistic expression, and social impact through peaceful and progressive means.
- To encourage creation, collaboration, connection, community, and celebration.
- Tentative Name of Expo: SUNDAR – which means “beautiful” in Sanskrit
- Logo: Beautiful purple colourful peacock with golden wings
- Tentative Theme: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Space
- Location: City of Surrey
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies: In a new stadium
- Tentative Date: Summer. Date to be determined
- Number of Pavilions: 50-150.
- Transportation: Shuttle buses can leave from King George Station to the Expo grounds in Surrey
TOP TEN BENEFITS FOR EVERYONE
- Increased Economic Activity
- Increased Tourism
- Positive Global Media Coverage
- Focused and Feasible
- Unique Cultural and Educational Experience
- Promoting Peace and Harmony
- Provide a Platform for Local Artists and Trigger the Creation of New Ideas and Innovation
- Enjoy International Food, Flavours, Colours, Music, Dance, and Performances
- Timely, Relevant, and Unique
- Lasting Legacy of New Facilities and New Markets for Canadian Exports